Pack Expo in Chicago - which took place on the 60th Anniversary of its debut - is one of the most renowned processing and packaging shows at international level. Over the years, the number, quality, and relevance of its exhibitors have confirmed the prestige and importance of this event.
This is especially true this year, so much so that Jim Pittas, sr. vice president of PMMI, described this edition as “an overwhelming success”. The figures provided suggest that Pack Expo 2016 has been the largest show in the history of Pack Expo, not only in terms of visitors (over 46,000) but also because of the presence of 2.512 exhibitors spread over 116,000 square meters on the McCormick Place show floor.
The visitors that ALTECH had the pleasure to welcome on its booth had the opportunity to see all its most recent solutions for labelling and codifying a wide range of products. In particular, the following systems were on display:
- A low-cost ALbelt C labelling system for cylindrical products.
- An ALline E in-line front-back labelling system.
- An ALbet system equipped with 2 ALstep labelling heads for applying 2 labels, one to the top and one to the bottom.
- An ALcode system for real-time printing of variable data on pallets.
- Finally, a simulator fitted with an ALritma X that is able to print over 1,000 labels/minute (suited to rotary labellers) aroused great interest.
Throughout the show, ALTECH welcomed numerous visitors and secured new leads from Asia, Central and South America, Canada and naturally the US. The visit of such a big number of people interested in the exhibited machinery fills ALTECH with pride.