For label printing, ALcode can be equipped with various thermal printer units from the Japanese manufacturer SATO (or compatible products). These units have been developed specifically to be used on automatic applicators: print resolutions of 8 or 12 dots/mm and print speeds of up to 300mm/sec, available in 104 or 152 mm expandable print widths.
In each ALcode model, the mechanical, pneumatic and electronic systems have been designed to meet the typical requirements of machines operating in an industrial environment, matching reliability with ease of use, accessibility and interchangeability.
ALcode print-apply systems have been developed with a range of standard components which allow them to apply labels in any position and at virtually any line speed.
- Air-blow applicator, with or without piston, for non-contact labelling of moving products
- Tamp applicator for contact labelling of stationary products, including in recessed areas
- Swinging roller applicator for contact labelling of products moving at high speed
- Multi-format swinging-plate application system, for contact labelling of moving products, including those with different label sizes
- Rotary arm applicator for front/back and/or corner labelling of both stationary and moving products.
The devices which may be added to the basic configuration of the Alcode label applicator in order to solve specific problems include:
- Laser scanner to confirm label application
- Product transport and transfer systems
- Multiple labelling programs
- Near end-of-roll monitoring
- Oversized and powered unwind units.